The Racine's

The Racine's

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Evidences of Grace

So after last week you all probably thought I was spiraling downward into a dark oblivion. You know, sometimes you just have those weeks months where it's just hard. One thing that Heath and I have both noticed this week is that we were laughing. I know that sounds weird, but I don't remember the last time we laughed as much as we have the past few days. I am thankful for that. I am also thankful for God's grace in our lives during this time. Monday night we spent some time listing some of the ways God has shown His grace to us during this season of infertility. By no means is this a comprehensive list, but I just wanted to share with you how extremely gracious our Father has been to us in the last several months (most of these revolve around infertility and we realize He has shown His grace to us in lots of other areas too)


The Evidences of God’s Grace in Our Lives January 12, 2012

• Heath has a job
• ML has a job
• Sustaining us through this difficult time
• Being part of a great church
• Having a strong group of believers around us
• Our relationship has strengthened
• Having friends that we can be open and honest with
• Insurance to help cover our medical bills
• HSA to cover medical expenses
• God’s changed our hearts towards adoption
• Carlee (adoption consultant) being in my BSF group (If we 
   decide it's best for us to adopt down the road)
• Having a hopeful heart during this time of disappointment
• Being able to be excited for others when they are pregnant
• Continued to walk with Him though this
• Supportive family
• Health
• Medicine that’s working
• Doctor’s wisdom
• Balance each other (when I’m weak he’s strong and vice
   versa)
• A pastor we can meet with that points us to truth
• People all over the place praying for us
• Able to be open and honest before God and others
• Our communication has gotten better
• We are still laughing together
• Friends who ask how we’re doing regularly and really want to
   know
• Meeting other people who have struggled or are struggling 
   through it
• Able to be honest on my blog about our struggle
• Ability to still give our lives away in some capacity
• Using a sermon we heard to remind us of the cross

I encourage you, no matter where you are on your journey, to reflect upon the evidences of God's grace in your life. You will be blown away!


No comments:

Post a Comment