The Racine's

The Racine's

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Adoption Update

So I just realized I have not posted since we announced that we were starting our second adoption. So here's the update!

We applied at the beginning of July and heard back that we were in the next group of home studies. We were really excited about that because it meant we weren't wait listed for a really long time. It's so funny though because it just revealed to me how much I don't like not being in control. I wanted to know exactly when they were going to the home study, how long it would take and when our book would be in rotation. I wanted all of it to happen yesterday! It has just been another opportunity for me to trust God and His timing.

Last week we got an email to schedule out initial meeting with our agency. I'm not totally sure what that meeting is going to be like. I am assuming that we will meet and talk about ourselves and about our family and about why we want to adopt. That meeting will be next Thursday. We are so thankful and excited to officially get the ball rolling in adopting baby #2.

From there the agency will come to our house to make sure it's safe and ready for a child. It's kind of amusing to me since we already have a child living here, but it's just part of the process! Once that happens we are hoping the process to get our book in rotation will be quick (we know it will be several weeks at least). We are hoping our book will go into rotation in early November, but we shall see. From there it's anywhere from the next day to two years. It will be another opportunity for us to trust the Lord and His timing in all of this.

We are so excited that we are finally at this point in the process! It kind of seems surreal. We pray often for our future child and his/her birth mother. We cannot wait to see what God has in store for us on this part of our beautiful journey!!


No comments:

Post a Comment