The Racine's

The Racine's

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just Waiting

I feel like anytime someone asks how the adoption process is going, my answer is always "just waiting." We are just waiting for the opportunity for our profile book to be shown, just waiting for a birth mother to choose us, just waiting to bring our baby home. Just waiting. And waiting some more.

I know that God has perfect timing, but waiting is just hard. His timing doesn't always seems perfect when you want something so bad. I want to be a mom now. I want Heath to get to be a dad now. I don't want to wait.

Today I started thinking about Hebrews 11-you know the faith chapter that talks about the men and women of the Bible who walked by faith. I started thinking about how all of them walked by faith but didn't see what they had been promised. Verses 13 says "All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth." They waited and waited yet they didn't get to see what God promised. They just walked by faith and trusted that He would do it. I want to wait on Him and trust that He is going to do it. I see how even as they waited they were obedient and surrendered to Him.

I want to be like that. I want to wait, and walk by faith that God will do this. And I know He will, it's just not on my time table. So I will keep waiting and fighting to walk by faith.

So as far as an adoption update, we're just waiting :)

1 comment:

  1. We too are waiting. And yes, we know that God's plan including timing is perfect. Praying we can remember what a great opportunity to trust Jesus with every situation and every answer every moment. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete