The Racine's

The Racine's

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our Journey as of Lately

Well, the previous posts kinda bring you up to speed on the life of Heath and Mary Leslie Racine. What a beautiful journey it has been so far! So now where does our journey have us? Well, it's actually the reason I even started this blog, to talk about where this journey has us now. It's not really what we expected, it's not really what we dreamed of and it's not all that fun, but it is beautiful. You're probably dying to know what I'm talking about! So here ya go, at this point, our beautiful journey is leading us through infertility (it's not necessarily that we'll never be able to have children, it's just that we are having some problems).
 I got the idea to write this blog because I have struggled so much over our infertility. I know for so many people it is a deeply personal thing (and I understand and totally respect that), but for me, I want people to see our struggles and our victories through this part of the journey God has us on. It is not by mistake that we are here. Over and over again through this time of our lives I feel like God has reminded me that He is the One guiding our way and that even though this is so tough and has been so hard on us, He is leading. This isn't a beautiful journey because of our circumstances, it's a beautiful journey because of Him. I may not know where this part of the journey is going or how long it will take or what the outcome will be, but He does and I can trust Him. To be honest I am a complete control freak...I love to have control of all circumstances and situations at all times. So to not know where we're going or how long it will take or what the outcome will be is very difficult for me, but during this part of the journey God is reminding me again and again to pray for His grace in my life to trust Him more. There is a song that I love and sing over and over again-"Jesus, Jesus how I trust Thee, How I've proven Thee over and over, Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus, O for grace to trust you more." I can trust that He knows exactly what He's doing and He is doing all of this for our good and the good of others. In the coming posts, I will talk more about what is going on and how I am feeling about it. For now I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on and set the groundwork for the coming posts. One more thought for today...
This journey is beautiful because He is making it beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. loving the blog :) read all your posts so I feel more updated on YOU :) miss you so much and am encouraged by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being so honest. We are all in seasons of "waiting" at different times. God is always aware of our hurts and longs to meet us there with His great comfort and peace. He is good!

    ReplyDelete