The Racine's

The Racine's

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Where it all began...sort of

How do I begin to tell how God started this beautiful journey Heath and I are on? Well, first of all, it started with Him. Heath and I were both very blessed to grow up in great families who loved us so much and provided for us in so many ways. One of the ways they provided for us was taking us to church each week and laying a foundation of God in our lives. I became a Christian when I was a sophomore in college. I knew a lot about God simply from growing up in church, but I didn't have a relationship with Christ until I was in college. That is when God poured out His grace on my life and my life has never been the same. It is the same with Heath. He became a Christian his freshman year of college. It was then that Heath surrendered his life to Christ-making Him not just Savior, but Lord as well. That is where our journey begins, because ultimately it was God who brought us together.

I will spare you the details of exactly how it all came together, but here's the gist...
Boy meets girl....through a mutual friend. This is clearly a long time ago!

Two years later we go out to lunch and 4 (tortuous) months later we go on our first official date.

Four months (yes you read correctly) later Heath asked me to be his wife.
Five months later we said "I Do"
And so began this beautiful journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment