The Racine's

The Racine's

Friday, April 20, 2012

Auction Update

Oh my word, this auction is coming together!!! I met yesterday with my sweet friend Cara who is one of the women helping me put this auction together and we nailed down a lot of details and got all of the items that are donated into categories. One thing (and I say one because there are many) that has totally blown me away, and I have probably already written about it but I seriously just can't believe it, is how generous people and businesses have been. It is unbelievable.

Every single bit of the dinner has been provided. I mean every bit-from meat to sides to desserts to napkins to plates to forks to knives....every single bit. We have almost 50 items for our silent auction-restaurant gift cards, paintings, an ice cream cake (I wish I could bid!), rounds of golf, cakes, meals, a doll house, children's accessories and clothes, you name it and we probably have it donated in some form. We have several items for our live auction-a condo in FL, a condo in Chicago, a plane ride around the Lafayette area and more. If you live in the Lafayette area, you are not going to want to miss this. Most of this is from our church as well as businesses in the Lafayette community. It is so crazy to me how willing people are to donate to help us bring our baby home. It is such a reminder of God's goodness to us in this.

Well, I just wanted to give you all an update on the auction! I would also ask that you pray for God to open up situations for us to present to. We are so wanting this sweet baby God has for us so we need Him to open up the doors for us as we go along on this beautiful journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment