The Racine's

The Racine's

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Love and Support

Sorry I am a little behind on posting. I try to post each week, but time just got away from me. Last week was full of paperwork. We are trying to get our grant applications out asap and hoping that we will get some. Heath and I also had a "get away" this weekend. We just went to Indy for the weekend, but it was so nice to not have a computer or any paperwork to fill out. Anyway, on to what I want to write about today...

When Heath and I started this adoption journey we had NO idea what we were getting into. I mean we did our research and Carlee answered about a bajillion questions (and still does), but to start this whole process is overwhelming. As bad is it sounds, one of the most overwhelming things has been thinking about how we are going to pay for this. We decided we were going to do our part and save like crazy and we also knew we would have to trust God to raise what we needed.

It has been unbelievable to me (and humbling and encouraging and the list could go on) the love and support we have received. Our family, friends and church family have amazed us already and we've only just begun. People have been so encouraging of us-sending us texts, telling us they are behind us in this, praying for us. We already have people committing to donate. Our church is hosting an adoption dinner/silent auction to help us raise money and people that I have met only a few times are helping get donations, making donations, helping with the meal and just coordinating the event in general. Businesses and people are generously donating things. It's crazy! Heath and I are just blown away by how people are wanting to help us. When I say thank you to people it just doesn't seem to capture what is going on in my heart. I don't really know how to express the gratitude I have.

All of this is to say thank you to those of you are loving on us and supporting us. We are humbled by all of you. This is also to say if you are thinking about adopting, jump in! It's an unbelievable way to see God at work for you. After so many discouraging/dark months of infertility, I feel like a light has come back on in our lives. It has been so neat for us to see God work for us in this.

As for an update: our home study is COMPLETE!! Carlee totally rocked and pounded it out for us. We love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment