The Racine's

The Racine's

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I love paperwork!!

You may think this blog title is sarcastic and I guess in some ways it is. Who knew there'd be so much paperwork involved in this?? I do love paperwork though because every piece of paperwork brings us one step closer to our child. We just sent off 4 agency applications which means once they receive and process our application we will be able to present to birth moms (to know what that means check out my previous post). The consultant we are working with also has several other agencies that call her when a situation comes up. So now we are in the waiting game. We will wait for a situation to come available, have our profile book presented and then wait for the birth mother's decision.

Here are a few pictures of what my last few days have been about:
First we started off with a pile of paperwork. Each of those is an application to a different agency. All of them require different things so the post it notes are to help me know what we were still missing.

I then ordered 13 (yes 13!) profile books. We have to send multiple copies to the agencies so they can present them to birth mothers. Let me tell you how much Walgreens loved me. Tuesday night I called to make sure they had enough material to make all of those. I then called back because the manager had given me a discount coupon and I couldn't figure out how to apply it online. I then realized I was going to have to send my order in 7 different times. So of course I called back to let them know that and that no I would not be picking them up at 3 a.m. (the time the computer told me I could go get them). Basically Kyle-the poor guy answering the phone at the photo dept.- and I are best friends, he loves me I'm sure of it!! Look at that stack though-seriously people?
Now let me tell you how much the people at Quality Print Shop (which has a post office too) love me. As you can see I dominated their counter. I'm telling you there were photo books and applications everywhere! By the way, the people at Walgreens and Quality Print Shop were awesome and so helpful even though I thought I was probably driving them crazy!!
And finally it was time to send it all off. Of course there were bumps in the road. I forgot papers at home-twice and I couldn't figure out if I had the right address for one of them. But at the end of the day they are headed to their destinations. We know this a vital step in bringing our someday baby home.

Side note: Who takes a picture of their mail anyway???

Well it's been another crazy week, but it's so worth it. We can't wait to have the baby God has for us! This is an exciting step of our beautiful journey!

2 comments:

  1. Um I would TOTALLY take pics of my mail for adoption because hello it's the first step towards baby! kinda like a clear blue easy!

    I have taken pictures of myself with packages for my friends as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone who has adopted takes pictures of their mail! It's the equivalent of baby bump pictures (though maybe not quite so cute). :)

    ReplyDelete