The Racine's

The Racine's

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blown Away

As this past weekend ended, Heath and I could only sum up how we felt in two words: Blown Away. This past weekend was our Adoption Auction. We had been planning it for many weeks (along with several other wonderful people). On Saturday it was finally here. In all we had over 70 items donated! What blew me away is where all of these donations came from: family, church friends, Bible study friends, friends from college, friends from middle school and strangers. It was unbelievable. I couldn't believe that people would be so generous.

On Saturday I was feeling really nervous about if people were going to come or not. We didn't have any type of RSVP so we didn't know. We set the room up for about 100 people. Right before it started I told my friend Cara that I was nervous about if people would come or not. Her response hit me square in the heart, she said "Whoever is suppose to be here will be here." She reminded me that God was in control and would bring exactly who He wanted. Almost every chair was filled. We had family, friends from BSF, friends from church and even a few people we barely knew. Again, we were blown away.

The auction was a huge success and God used it to raise lots of money for our adoption. With the auction, a matching grant and generous donations from lots of other people, we are right at 75% of the money we need to raise!!! Not to sound repetitive, but we are blown away. Below are some pictures from the auction and faces of people who are helping bring baby Racine home....







We are beyond thankful for all the love and support we have received and continue to receive. God is so gracious to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment