The Racine's

The Racine's

Monday, February 25, 2013

Schedule

This post is mainly for me so I can go back and reference it whenever it comes time for us to have baby Racine #2. We decided to try to use Babywise for Kaleigh. If you are not familiar with Babywise it's a book that gives guidelines on setting a schedule for your baby and helps them (hopefully) sleep through the night earlier and better. Also something you should know is that it is HIGHLY debated. So let me say this from the get go. This is what we chose for our family, this is what works for us. I know not everyone agrees with this method and that is fine, you don't have to agree, but this is what we chose and I understand that it doesn't work for everyone and I am fine with that.  And if one day this doesn't work for us/Kaleigh then we will do something different. But for now this works so this is what we do!

So here is her typical schedule:

8 a.m.          Wake up, 4oz bottle, awake time: read Bible story,
                         sing songs, etc.
8:45 a.m.    Nap
11 a.m.        Wake up,  4oz bottle, awake time: play mat time,
                         sing songs, read books, etc.
11:50 a.m.   Nap
2 p.m.          Wake up, 4oz bottle, awake time: pretty much a
                         mixture of the things above
2:45 p.m      Nap
*For some reason this is a really hard nap for her. She ends up crying off and on. If she is continually crying I sometimes go get her and rock her or I will just pat her and talk to her while she is still in the crib or I will try her paci
5 p.m.            Wake, 4oz bottle, daddy time!
5:50 p.m        Nap
7:45 p.m.      Wake, 4oz bottle, Family Worship-sing her a
                        worship song (All I Have is Christ)
                        and read a story from Jesus
                         Storybook Bible (one of my favorites!)
10:30            Wake, 4oz bottle, straight to sleep

sometimes 4ish  Wake (not fully but enough to eat), 4oz bottle, straight to sleep
sometimes 5ish (if not 4ish) Same as 4ish

So that's what our day pretty much looks like. Like I said, this is probably only for my benefit in the future, but in case you were wondering, this is what works for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment