The Racine's

The Racine's

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Not for a Moment



A couple of weeks ago this song was sung at our church. I loved it. As I sat there listening to my friend sing it, I couldn't help but think of our journey through infertility and adoption. Here are the lyrics in case you don't want to listen to it:


You were reaching through the storm
walking on the water
even when I could not see
in the middle of it all
when I thought You were a thousand miles away
not for a moment did You forsake me
not for a moment did You forsake me

CHORUS
after all You are constant
after all You are only good
after all You are sovereign
not for a moment will You forsake me
not for a moment will You forsake me

You were singing in the dark
whispering Your promise
even when I could not hear
I was held in Your arms
carried for a thousand miles to show
Not for a moment did You forsake me

and every step every breath you are there
every tear every cry every prayer
in my hurt at my worst
when my world falls down
not for a moment will You forsake me
even in the dark
even when it's hard
you will never leave me
after all

not for a moment will You forsake me

I'm not going to lie, there were times when I did feel like He had forsaken me. He didn't. Not even for a moment. That gives me great joy. He really was constant, good and sovereign through it all. I can really relate to the last verse. There were many tears, lots of crying, tons of prayers, deep hurt, I was often at my worst, it seemed like my world was falling down, there were very dark days and it was so hard yet He never did forsake me.

When we were going through all of that, I knew there would come a time when I would look back and see Him in it all. When I look at Kaleigh's sweet face, I know God chose her for us. When I think about our relationship with Kaleigh's birth mom and her family, I see God's goodness to us in allowing us to know them and now be forever connected with them. I see how God knew my family would need the phone call telling us we'd be chosen the very week we had such difficult news with Jeb (my brother- who is now fine).

Even with infertility I see how He used it to constantly direct us back to Himself. I see how He used it to deepen our faith and cause us to ask hard questions. I see how He is using it to minister to other people. He didn't forsake us even in the dark days of infertility-not for a moment.

As we go along on our beautiful journey there will not be one moment where He forsakes us. So thankful for that truth!



1 comment:

  1. Mary Leslie, got your adorable birth announcement yesterday and I just wanted to stop by and say hello and that I am so thrilled for the great gift God has given you in Kaleigh! Carlee and Jocelyn are in my BSF group this year so I have kept up on your journey a bit through them. :) Your little girl is just precious and it sounds like you have adjusted extremely well. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete