The Racine's

The Racine's

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see" Hebrews 11:1

Hebrews 11 not only defines what faith is, but gives us examples of men and women who have gone before us. I have to admit when I read Hebrews 11 I get a little awe struck. You have Enoch who is described in the words "he walked with God" and was called immediately into heaven. Then there's Noah who for 120 years built an ark even though he'd never seen a rain drop in his life. Moses who chose to be mistreated with his people than to be treated like a prince, led the people out of Egypt and parted the Red Sea. You can't forget Abraham who left everything he knew to go somewhere (he didn't know where he was going, he just obeyed God), waited years and years for a child and then was told to sacrifice that child (even though God spared him of that, he was still obedient to do it) And that's just a few of the people talked about. There faith was unbelievable.

Today though, as I was studying this at my weekly Bible study, I realized something-all of these people are just ordinary people who chose to believe God's promises and to be obedient to Him even if they didn't understand. There was nothing superhuman about them, there was something supernatural. That's when it struck me. I can do the same thing as them. I can believe God's promises and be obedient to Him even when I don't understand.

My biggest struggle through all of the infertility stuff has been a battle of unbelief-to really trust God and His promises. That's why this revelation was so sweet to me today. I pray that God will make me, an ordinary person, a great woman of faith. That I will really believe His promises and obey Him no matter what. I need God's grace to be able to do this. Will you please join me in praying this for my life and for yours? Let's be a people who take God at His word and act in obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment