The Racine's

The Racine's

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Love His Method

This past week at church we talked about the story of Abraham and Sarah. Long story short, they couldn't have children, but God had promised to give them a child. They decided (well Sarah decided and Abraham went along with her) that Abraham should sleep with her servant-that must be how God was going to provide. Well you can imagine the mess that created. The point made though was that Abraham trusted God's promise, but he didn't trust His method.

Hmmm...that kind of sounds like me. God hasn't promised me that I will ever have a biological child. But He has promised that He works all things out for the good, He is faithful, He is good and lots of other promises. I trust those promises, but I have a hard time trusting His method. I never wanted to go through infertility, I wanted a baby, I still want a baby. The question I have been asking myself this week though is if I will trust His method. It isn't the method I would have chosen, but it's His method and therefore it is good.

It may not be infertility for you, but where do you need to not only trust His promises, but His method as well.

As an update on the medical side, for now everything in the blood work looks like the medicine is doing it's job. There will be another semen analysis in the next couple of weeks to see if the sperm count and motility has gone up at all. Then we will know next steps. Keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment